A first in the history of history, Hoodslam gets classy as fuck! You may have thought, “But it’s not going to be an opera REALLY right?” Wrong bitches! Check out some highlights from night one and then bring your whiskey money to the Oakland Metro for tonight.
There’s a lot about this performance that isn’t exactly by-the-book. This is not your ordinary, traditional opera. Oh, no, bro. This is hoodslam & oakland opera present: HOODSLAM the opera. The most talented performers from the Oakland Opera will portray a menagerie of Hoodslam characters, and as the story escalates, the actual Hoodslammers will step into the ring and fuck the fans as only they can.
I’m pretty sure this is the first event of its kind, anywhere, in the history of ever. I hope you’re there tonight and Sunday night to see it.
This is Opera. This is Hoodslam.
Yes, that is a 16 piece orchestra playing with The Hoodslam Band!
Hoodslam: The Fucking Opera • 8:30pm TONIGHT and Sunday night at the Oakland Metro Operahouse (630 Third Street in Oakland, CA) • $10 for general admission, $20 for general admission seating • This is an all ages show, but still…DON’T BRING YOUR FUCKING KIDS!
Friday, November 21, Saturday, November 22, and Sunday November 23 at the Oakland Metro Operahouse
All shows start at 8:30pm
$10 gen adm, $20 gen adm seating
Just in case there’s any confusion about just what the hell @Hoodslam: The Opera is…
You’re NOT gonna see your favorite Hoodslam characters attempt to sing opera. That’d probably suck. What you WILL see are professional singers from the Oakland Opera portraying your favorite Hoodslam characters, and then your ACTUAL favorite Hoodslam characters duking it out in the ring. You’ll hear The Hoodslam Band play your favorite themes and anthems accompanied by a 16-piece orchestra. And you’ll get a one-of-a-kind (maybe two-of-a-kind) look at one of Hoodslam’s most tragic stories.
8:30pm this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night at the Oakland Metro Operahouse. $10 for general admission, $20 for a seat.
This is not to be missed. This is real. This is mother…fucking…Hoodslam: The Opera! #Hoodslam
Next week- 3 days of greatness with the Hoodslam opera! Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd, and Sunday the 23rd The Oakland Metro Opera House finally lives up to it’s name with The Rise and Fall of the Sovereign Republic of Hoodslam. There will be respected opera singers, an orchestra with a real conductor, and even a Battle Royal! This is real!
HOODSLAM, the opera
Dark Sheik, Anthony Butabi, Drugs Bunny, Johnny “Drinko” Butabi, Brittany Wonder and James C.
Mike Jankosky, Daniel Cilli, Kirk Eichelberger, Phil Skinner, Joe Meyers, Lisa Marie Bolin and Shelbey Casalena
MAHAGONNY SONGSPIEL Music by Kurt Weill. Text by Bertolt Brecht.
As performed by the inmates of H O O D S L A M
“OPERA IN THE OPERAHOUSE?” or “WHEN CULTURAL ARTS ICONS COLLIDE” its
“H O O D S L A M: the fucking OPERA”
November 21, 2014 8:30 pm
November 22, 2014 8:30 pm
November 23, 2014 8:30 pm
SHOW RESULTS – 11/7 Hoodslam “’80s for the Ladies” Results in Oakland, Calif.: 1980s themed show includes Lethal Lottery gauntlet, Golden Gig Title match, set-up for 2014 finale
“’80s for the Ladies III: Appetite for Seduction”
Friday, November 7, 2014
Oakland, Calif. at the Oakland Metro Opera House
The building was sold out. On this night, the Hoodslam Band was known as The Breakfast Chub.
Live commentary by “Broseph” Joe Brody (WWE Tough Enough’s A.J. Kirsch), Dr. Dick Atrocity, guest fan commentator Tyler Dunham, and Virgil Flynn III.
(1) Best Athlete in the East Bay Award: Cereal Man beat F.O.N.G. (F’n Obese Nerdy Gamer w/P.O.N.G. – Pissed Off Nerdy Gamer) with the Atomic Leg Drop. Immediately afterward, the referee reversed the decision when he found a foreign object on Cereal Man, planted by P.O.N.G.
(2) ’80s-ish tag team lethal lottery gauntlet match: Nuggs Nuggs Bigelow & ’80s Link beat Ken & Rocky III, Scorpion as David Bowie as the Goblin King & military Michael Jackson, Dangerous Michael Jackson & Billie Jean Bat Manuel Michael Jackson, Daniel-San & Marty McFly, and Cobra Kai Corey & P.O.N.G. when ’80s Link hit a standing moonsault on Cobra Kai Corey to advance to the Hoodfighter Tournament on Friday, December 5.
(3) Fan-made match: “Ultragirl” Brittany Wonder beat “Super Barrio Brother” Jesus Cruz with the TURN DOWN FOR BUTT.
(4) Virgil Flynn III beat James C. with the 450 splash. James assaulted Virgil after the match until Drugz Bunny fought off James.
(5) Stoner U. (Rick-Scott Stoner & Scott-Rick Stoner & “Million Dollar Hands” Bobby Burgerhands & Missy Hyas— w/coach Joey Nuggs) beat Sledge & the Lovefisters when Missy hit a top-rope splash on Jon Bovi.
(6) Golden Gig Title match: Juiced Lee beat Anthony Butabi when Juiced made Anthony submit to the Enter the Dragon Sleeper.
[ FYI: To see this show and previous shows in their entirety, CLICK HERE. Follow Hoodslam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, all @Hoodslam.
Hoodslam runs at the Oakland Metro Opera House every first Friday of the month and will return on Friday, December 5 for The Hoodfighter Tournament. This month is a special series, “Hoodslam: The F’n Opera” at the Oakland Metro on Friday, Nov. 21, Saturday, Nov. 22, and Sunday, Nov. 23. ]
Vice.com attended a Hoodslam show and wrote a fantastic article about the accidental phenomenon! You can read it at https://www.vice.com/read/hoodslams-drunk-and-bloody-pro-wrestling-isnt-for-kids-666?preview&cb=v1415158862607
Find out if everything they said is true this Friday as Hoodslam presents 80s for the Ladies III: Appetite for Seduction!
Friday, November 7 and every first Friday at the Oakland Metro Operahouse (630 Third Street in Oakland, CA) • Doors open at 8:00pm • $10 • Full bar • Live music from The Hoodslam Band • 21 and over • DON’T BRING YOUR FUCKING KIDS!
This will be an amazing show with many of your favorite Hoodslammers returning, including Cereal Man and Shelly Martinez. Special performance from Revolva! Check out her previous appearance to see what to expect (@3:25):
One day in Hyrule, an epic encounter took place. Altair and Link became engaged in a game of human (and Hylian) chess. Luckily, our camera men had driven there to capture such a happening. Thats why theres cars in Hyrule. get over it.
Twilight Princess – snowpeak ruins
Turtles in Time boss theme by the Hoodslam Band
Mega Man Dr Wilys Theme by the the Hoodslam Band
we’re on facebook and stuff. look it up.
Hoodslam: Fuck the Fans V – BROetic Justice
Friday, October 3, 2014
Oakland Metro Opera House
Paid attendance: 1,026
On this night, the Hoodslam Band was known as Nickelback. Upon learning their name for the evening, the Hoodslam Band immediately threatened to walk out on the show. The Hoodslam Band and “Broseph” Joe Brody eventually compromised on “Ticklesack.”
Live commentary by “Broseph” Joe Brody (WWE Tough Enough’s A.J. Kirsch), El Flaco Loco, PONG (Pissed Off Nerdy Gamer) and Coach Joey Nuggs.
- Cereal Man def. Scorpion with the Cereal Buster to become the number one contender for the Best Athlete in the East Bay Award after FONG (F*cking Obese Nerdy Gamer) detained Scorpion’s spear.
- Lights-On, Falls-Count-Anywhere Raven’s Rules match: Shelly Martinez def. “Ultragirl” Brittany Wonder after “Super Barrio Brother” Jesus Cruz hit Brittany Wonder with the No Mames on a pile of gummy bears.
- Booze vs. Blunts Tag Team Grudge Match: The Stoner Brothers (Rick Scott and Scott Rick, representing Stoner U, with “Waterboy” Bobby Burgerhands and Coach Joey Nuggs) def. The Knights of the Roxbury (Anthony Butabi and Johnny “Drinko” Butabi) with the Dab Day Afternoon.
- Prince of Darkness match that became a Russian Chain match that became a Lumberjack match that became a Coalminer’s Glove match to determine the undisputed mayor of Hoodslam: El Flacco Loco def. Doc Atrocity (with United Sideshows and Atrocities) by using the coalminer’s glove to become the undisputed mayor of Hoodslam. He then relinquished the office to the new mayor of Hoodslam – the fans.
- Four-way match for the Golden Gig: Juiced Lee def. “The Mexican Warewolf” El Chupacabra (with Courtney Crimson), Virgil Flynn III and Drugz Bunny with a top-rope moonsault on Drugz Bunny to retain the Golden Gig. Following the match, the James Gang (James C. and Stony Montana) arrived. Stony put the boots to Drugz. James was about to cash in his Dixie Carter Memorial Lethal Lottery Battle Bowl Tag Team Tournament trophy, but Drugz got the upper hand on Stony. Since the bell never rang, James retains his right to challenge anyone, at anytime, in any kind of match.
- 21-and-over (the top rope) battle royal to be the number one contender to the Golden Gig: Johnny “Drinko” Butabi def. Macho Taco, the PB&J Banana, Frank Meyer, Cereal Man, “The Waterboy” Bobby Burgerhands, Stony Montana, Coach Joey Nuggs, Rick-Scott Stoner, PONG (Pissed Off Nerdy Gamer), Ken, FONG (F*cking Obese Nerdy Gamer), Charlie Chaplain, Ryu, “Broseph” Joe Brody, Butternuts, “Super Barrio Brother” Jesus Cruz, “The Russian Lover” Zangief, Bat Manuel, “The Hero of HIGHrule” Link, James C., and Anthony Butabi to become the number one contender for the Golden Gig.
To see this show and previous shows in their entirety, check out www.SmartMarkVideo.com/Hoodslam
Hoodslam runs at the Oakland Metro Opera House every first Friday of the month and will return on Friday, November 7 for 80s for the Ladies III.
Hoodslam is a 21+ event. DON’T BRING YOUR F*CKING KIDS!
Follow Hoodslam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, all @Hoodslam.