A fascinating read on your friendly neighborhood-slam AND a lengthy interview with DARK Sheik ! Give it a go, tell us what ya think and let freedom RAIN on July 3rd at the Oakland Metro Operahouse for #rockflagandeagle!
Friday, June 5, 2015
Oakland Metro Operahouse
Paid attendance: 838
Tonight’s musical guest was Squirt Cobain.
Live commentary by “Broseph” Joe Brody, Doc Atrocity, and Inspector Johnny Drinko Butabi.
1. DARK Sheik def. Virgil Flynn III.
2. Hog Dog vs. Banana Challenge: Hot Dog, Juiced Lee, “Super Barrio Brother” Jesus Kruze & James C def. The PB&J Banana, Ken (with Cammy and Cammy’s Ass), Marty McFLux, and “The Dark Noche” Bat Manuel.
3. “The Talent” Ean Hancement def. Mikko Maestro, who made his Hoodslam debut representing Fight Club Finland Pro Wrestling.
4. Best Athlete in the East Bay Award: Team GAME OVER (Pissed Off Nerdy Gamer “PONG” and Fucking Obese Nerdy Gamer “FONG”) def. Super Cereal (“Ultragirl” Brittany Wonder and Cereal Man) to retain the Best Athlete in the East Bay Award.
5. THE Brian Kendrick def. Otis the Gimp.
6. Coach Joey Nuggs def. “Waterboy” Bobby Burgerhands and Cheerleader Missy Hyasshit.
7. Anthony Butabi (with “Inspector” Johnny Drinko Butabi) def. “The Metal-head Maniac” Sledge.
8. Golden Gig: Drugz Bunny def. Sub-Zero (with Queen Sindel) to retain the Golden Gig.
9. Impromptu three-minute challenge: “Ultragirl” Brittany Wonder def. FONG to win the undisputed Best Athlete in the East Bay Award.
To view this show, along with every other Hoodslam ever recorded, subscribe to the Hoodslam YouTube channel for $1.99/month.
It’s a cloudy Oakland evening as the first of the twelve hundred-strong fans begin to form a serpentine line extending around a dimly lit building just outside of Jack London Square.
They chatter in the crisp spring air—some excited, discussing the matches planned for the evening with pride, nipping clandestinely at concealed containers; others apprehensive, having only heard of the madness that was about to ensue third-hand, awkwardly avoiding eye contact with their Tinder date and trying not to wonder aloud, “What have I gotten myself into?”
All are here for one purpose: to witness the monster that is “Hoodslam” be brought to life.
Anthony & Allison of The San Francisco Theater Pub Team decided to visit The Accidental Phenomenon this past Friday.
This week, we’re doing something a little different. Allison and I are eschewing our usual formats to periodically take you on theatergoing adventures, with liquor. For our inaugural article, we decided to head out to the Oakland Metro for the “Accidental Phenomenon” known as HOODSLAM. A Pro-wrestling show that makes itself unique by a self-awareness, performance art approach and a remarkable bond with their fans. There are also three bars inside the venue, an ideal location.
Read their full, hazy recollections:
Featuring a GIG load of your favorite Hoodslammers teaming up with former ECW & WWE champion Rob Van Dam for a night that no one will forget!
RSVP on Facebook for more details as we come up with them!
The Highlights are up, and you can also visit the Hoodslammery full event page, where you can see this whole show (plus all our others as we get them uploaded) for only 1.99 a month! That’s right, a whole digital liberry at your finger tips! Jump on it now, or watch the video and click the link at the end to be taken DIRECTly to said page.
Watch the full episode (AND ALL OUR OTHER SHOWS!) for just $1.99 on the Hoodslammery Youtube Channel! You can even start with a free trial! dang!
Friday, May 1, 2015
Oakland Metro Opera House
Paid attendance: 780
Tonight’s musical guest was Limp Seabizkit.
Live commentary by “Broseph” Joe Brody.
1. Six-person tag team match: Johnny “The Kid” Kai, Candylicker the Pirate and Manimal def. Chuey Martinez, Moshpit Mike, and “The Russian Lover” Zangiev.
2. Four-way match, winner to be named number-one contender for the Golden Gig: Sub-Zero (with Sindel) def. Ken (with Cammy and Cammy’s Ass), Juiced Lee, and “The Mexican Werewolf” El Chupacabra (with Courtney Crimson).
3. Intergalactic Cyborg Death Match: “The OG Scumdog of the Universe” Techno Destructo (with “Space Dom” Bryce Wild) def. Doc Animosty (with Botchy the Clown disguised as QuasiServo).
4. The Knights of the Roxbury (Anthony Butabi and Johnny “Drinko” Butabi) def. DARK Sheik and Marty McFlux.
5. James C. def. Ean Hancement.
6. Team GAME OVER (Pissed Off Nerdy Gamer [PONG] and Fucking Obese Nerdy Gamer [FONG], the co-holders of the Best Athlete in the East Bay Award) and “Super Barrio Brother” Jesus Cruz def. Cereal Man, “The Dark Noche” Bat Manuel, and “Ultragirl” Brittany Wonder.
7. Golden Gig Championship: Drugz Bunny def. Virgil Flynn III to retain the Golden Gig.
8. Tag team match: THE Brian Kendrick and Paul London def. The Stoner Brothers (Rick-Scott and Scott-Rick, with Coach Joey Nuggs, Cheerleader Missy Hyasshit, and “Waterboy” Bobby Burgerhands).
To see this show and previous shows in their entirety, search “Hoodslammery” on YouTube.
Hoodslam runs at the Oakland Metro Opera House every first Friday of the month and will return on Friday, May 22 for a special mid-month comedy/wrestling show featuring stand-up from “The Whole Fucking Show” Rob Van Dam. Hoodslam will also be back at the Oakland Metro on Friday, June 5.
Hoodslam is a 21+ event. DON’T BRING YOUR FUCKING KIDS!
Follow Hoodslam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, all @hoodslam.
At the end of March UpOut SF did a nice little write up on Hoodslam. You can read it here!
Hoodslam is the accidental phenomenon hosted every first Friday at the Oakland Metro Operahouse. Simply put, it’s a very adult version of WWE. The wrestlers are liquored up. The referee is smoking a fat blunt. The crowd is in a frenzy.
Keep reading on the UpOut site.
8 of these special “Golden Gig” Edition figures will be available on Friday! Head over to our Facebook post and comment with who you’d like to see a figure of next. One of the commenters will win a super rare 1 of a kind SILVER Drugz Bunny!
While you’re on Facebook, visit the Scraped Resin page to like it and learn of the maker of these gimmicks!