Live, in the field, its Ean Hancement reporting for the Talent Show!
Live, in the field, its Ean Hancement reporting for the Talent Show!
Two big shows in March still to come!, with the 30th being our debut at Oasis in San Francisco! EVERYONE BUY TICKETS AND MAKE US LOOK GOOD.
Available in eventbrite now!
Hosted by Broseph Joe Brody and Ean Hancement, music by The Hoodslam Band
1. The Devil Derek Drexl and Ravenous Randy defeated TEAM SCEETY (Scott Rick Stoner and Stevie T)
2. Batmanuel defeated Johnny Drinko Butabi to finally close his bartab after many months ajd six figures
3. Funnybone defeated Anton Voorhees. Due to stipulations, now Funnybone and Chupacabra will face Anton and Ean Hancement (The CAUTION) in a Intergalactic Tag Team Championship Titles match. If The CAUTION wins, they get there stolen mysterious box back.
4. Calvin and Hobbes defeated Drugz Bunny and James C
5. Shotzi Blackheart/Joey Nuggs/Zangev Darevko defeated Nurse Ratchet/Glorious Banana/Anthony Butabi in a Lethal Lottery preview of Entertania 8
6. SuperBeast defeated Berkeley Brawler
7. Scorpion dressed as David Bowie playing the Goblin King from the Labyrinth defeated Richard Shhhnary
Watch on Twitch!
Stoner U preshow hosted by Mike O Shea and Scott Rickerson, announced by Sean Michael Allen
“Millenial Falcons” Berkeley Brawler and Richard Shhhnary defeated Big B and Manny Faberino
Hosted by Broseph Joe Brody (dressed as Terminator), music by the greatest band in the world ARNOCORPS
El Chupacabra and Funnybone came to the ring to issue a challenge against The CAUTION for the Intergalactic Tag Team Championship Titles. Instead…
1. El Chupacabra and Funnybone defeated Coach Nuggs and Brutal Rob Hands of “The New U”
Golden Gig Champion Pissed Off Nerdy Gamer PONG stated that he would not face TWO contenders at Entertania 8, and the battle royal winners from Vebus Rising would have to face each other.
2. Drugz Bunny defeated James C after a distraction from Kammy to earn the opportunity to face PONG in main event of Entertania 8.
Post match, PONG tried to goad Drugz into doing drugs, after claiming since November he would only face a sober Drugz Bunny. Kammy would interrupt the tantalizing offer, but in a weird turn of events, accidently was struck by Drugz Bunny.
3. The CAUTION Anton Voorhees and Ean Hancement defeated Captain Dynamo and Buzzsaw from Running Man to retain the Intergalactic Tag Team Championship Titles
– post match, Funnybone would attack The CAUTION and steal the mysterious box Ean Hancement won from Doc Atrocity months ago
4. Poison Ivy w/Bane defeated Nora Freeze w/Mr Freeze all from Batman Forever
5. Nurse Ratchet and Brittany Wonder defeated Zangev Darevko and Johnny Drinko Butabi after Cereal Man interfered
6. Cereal Man v Virgil Flynn III for the Best Athlete in the East Bay Golden Fannypacks was declared a no contest after interference from Brittany Wonder, Nurse Ratchet, Zangev, Drinko and Pooh Jack
7. Matt Carlos as the dad from Jingle All the Way (not looking it up) won a fatal four way also featuring Anthony Butabi, Ken Masters and Ben Richardson from Running Man
8. Predator defeated Dutch, the Native American guy and Jesse Ventura’s character, as well as the Cult of Predator, all from the movies Preduhtor
Watch it on twitch,now!
It dawns on us that not all may be familiar with our annual celebration of femininity, and the reasons behind it. It is no simple answer, but let us do our best to elaborate on the why.
In wrestling, traditions go a long way. Not every tradition, however, should go indefinitely. Any story done right is worth telling, and there are always exceptions, but some old stories are best left in the past.
One tradition that perplexed us was the treatment of women as a lesser, perhaps even a commodity. “If I beat you your girl has to accompany me to the ring for one month” or “when i win against YOU, i get to go on a date with HER”, and so on. Women were important to have, upsetting to lose, but not worth as much as a title belt.
Another that has popped up over the decades and across the world,”Loser Wears A Dress”. How embarrassing it must be to be perceived as feminine. What a loser, to wear the same clothes as half the population.
Brittany Wonder, long time member of the roster and cosplay enthusiast, started to wear a Deadpool inspired attire in 2014. The sight of this “crossplay” triggered something; it occured to a member of our roster that in all of Hoodslams 80s night’s, video game theme’s, cartoon shows, horror shows, etc no male had ever performed as female. In fact, nowhere in wrestling was this a common phenomenon.
Was it fear? Wrestlers are sensitive performer types, but is the same person who dives into tacks afraid of some lace? Are those who bleed for money terrified someone might think they’re pretty? Are they afraid they might be treated how they may have treated our sisters in the locker room?
Maybe its just not for their audience. We think ours can handle it. In fact, every year its been a sold out event, turning hundreds away.
So, noticing that women were half the attendees, noticing that women had as strong characters as men, noticing that different genders might want to attend in womens clothing and they should all feel proud and secure to do so…we put on make up and skirts, and put on a show.
You might think its because women have been so proud lately. Or, because we live in the lgbt light house that is the bay area of California. Or, you think we’re a funny group who like girls clothing. None of it is entirely untrue…To us, its just about fairness. Women pay the same $20 as any man there, and deserve the same respect from their art.
Is this going to be any less of a stoned sweaty loud kinetic whiskey induced beautiful nightmare than any other event? Fuck no, we’ll just spend (way) more time on make up and (way) more money on costumes.
– (We’ve made the event two unique nights this year,2/3 & 2/4 so that nobody will be turned away, and all can join in the fun.)
Amazingly high def reel of December 1st by Mark Johnston! Enjoy! Go to our youtube and twitch channels for more awesome! Just search Hoodslam on those platforms: we’re the real deals.
Stoner U preshow hosted by Mike O Shea and Scott Rickerson and Shawn Michaels Allen
Manny Faberino and Big B defeated Berkeley Brawler and Rob Hands
Hoodslam hosted by Broseph Joe Brody, music by Queef Stroganoff
1. The CAUTION (CAUTION) Anton Voorhees and Ean Hancement d. Scott Rick Stoner amd Super beast, Ryu and Ken & El Chupacabra and Funnybone to retain the Intergalactic Tag Team Championship Titles
2. Richard Shhhnary d Silent Assassin Jean Pierre in a Sanctum of Silence Match
3. PONG d Nurse Ratchet to retain the Golden Gig
4. Cereal Man d Coach Nuggs (w/Brutal Rob Hands) and Anthony Butabi to unify and win Best Athlete in the East Bay Golden Fannypacks after Doc Atrocity, Brittany Wonder and Nurse Ratchet interfered
– Pooh Jack cleared the ring of all 4
5. Johnny Drinko Butabi d Batmanuel, Virgil Flynn III and Zangev Darevko
6. Paul London d. Drugz Bunny (w/ James C)
7. Laura James d Shotzi Blackheart and Brittany Wonder
Watchthe replay on twitch now probably!
Hosted by Broseph Joe Brody and Anthony Butabi
1. Virgil Flynn III defeated Manny Faberino
2. Shotzi Blackheart d Steve Tresario
3. Zangev Darevko d Ken
– Rick Scott Stoner of the Stoner Brothers told the crowd hes lost his high.
4. Nurse Ratchet and Brittany Wonder d. Hip Hop Harry and Scott Rick Stoner
5. Coach Nuggs d Richard Shhhnary
6. Richard Shhhnary d. Coach Nuggs in a Sanctum of Silence Match – immediately
7. Big B d. Brutal Rob Hands and Super Beast after Manny Faberino interfered
8. Funnybone d KILLMEISTER
Stoner U preshow hosted by Mike OShea and Scott Rickerson
The CAUTION (Anton Voorhees and Ean Hancement) d Manny Faberino and Big B to retain the Intergalactic Tag Team Championship
Hosted by Broseph Joe Brody and The CAUTION, music by the Hoodslam Band
1. (Evil?) CerealMan defeated Virgil Flynn III
2. Brutal Rob Hands d. Steve Tresario
3. Johnny Drinko Butabi d. Zangev Darevko
4. Glorious Banana d. Richard Shhhnary
– Golden Gig Champion PONG addressed the audience, stating he would defend the Gig against an opponent hes never faced at January 1st Friday.
5. El Chupacabra/SuperBeast/Funnybone d. Doc Atrocity/Brittany Wonder/Nurse Ratchet
6. Cereal Man d. Glorious Banana
7. Johnny Drinko Butabi d. Brutal Rob hands
8. Drugz Bunny / James C d. Ryu / Ken & Stoner Brothers
9. Anthony Butabi and Coach Nuggs survived a two fall four way dance against Berkeley Brawler and Batmanuel to retain both Best Athletes in the East Bay Golden Fannypacks
10. Cereal Man d Johnny Drinko Butabi to with the HoodFighter Tournament, and earn a shot at Golden Fannypacks
Watch it on youtube or twitch!