Hoodslam: Hoodfigher Tournament
(photo by Bear Z Bub)
Friday, December 2, 2016
Oakland Metro Opera House
Paid attendance: 910
Live commentary by “Broseph” Joe Brody and Doc Atrocity.
1. Hoodfigher Tournament opening round match: “The King of Sleaze” Joey Ryan def. Nurse Ratchet.
2. Hoodfigher Tournament opening round match: “The Warlord of Weird” Sinn Bodhi def. Cereal Man.
3. Hoodfigher Tournament opening round match: Pizza Cat (formerly known as Shotzi Blackheart, with “Brutal” Rob Hands and Coach Joey Nuggs) def. “The Russian Lover” Zangev, who announced his retirement from Hoodslam after the match.
4. Hoodfigher Tournament opening round match: Drugz Bunny def. “The Fuckin’ Machine” Brian Cage.
5. Four-Corners Sudden Death Match for the Best Athlete in the East Bay Golden Fannypacks OR the Intergalactic Tag Team Championships (titles only change hands if champions lose the fall): “The Mexican Werewolf” El Chupacabra and Virgil Flynn III (Intergalactic Tag Team champions) def. James. C and a cardboard cutout of JUICE Lee, Ken & Ryu, and The CAUTION (DARK Sheik, and “The Talent” Ean Hancement, with “The Link to the Future” Anton Voorhees). The CAUTION retained the Best Athlete in the East Bay Golden Fannypacks, as they were not involved in the decision.
6. Hoodfigher Tournament semi-finals match: Pizza Cat def. “The Warlord of Weird” Sinn Bodhi.
7. Hoodfigher Tournament semi-finals match: “The King of Sleaze” Joey Ryan def. Drugz Bunny.
8. Triple Threat match for the Golden Gig: Pissed Off Nerdy Gamer (P.O.N.G.) def. “The Link to the Future” Anton Voorhees and Johnny “Drinko” Butabi to retain the Golden Gig.
9. Hoodfigher Tournament finals: Pizza Cat def. “The King of Sleaze” Joey Ryan to become the 2016 Hoodfigher Champion.
You can watch a live stream of every first Friday show, along with every other Hoodslam ever recorded, by subscribing to the Hoodslam YouTube channel for $1.99/month (includes free two week trial). Search “Hoodslammery” on YouTube.
Hoodslam runs at the Oakland Metro Opera House every first Friday of the month and will return on Friday, January 6 for Hoodslam: FIN.
Follow Hoodslam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, all @hoodslam.
Got pics or vids from the show? Post them with #hoodslam.
Hoodslam is a 21+ event. DON’T BRING YOUR FUCKING KIDS!